jQuery Masked Input Plugin to restrict the input of a text field and allow the user to easily enter data in a specified style. Some examples of patterns include phone numbers, dates, Social Security, etc.
Here is a set of predefined masks and what they stand for:
- X – represents the alpha character (a-z, a-z)
- 9 – represents a numeric character (0-9)
- Represents an alphanumeric character (A-Z, a-z, 0-9)
How to make use of it:
1. Load the jQuery Masked Input Extension after the jQuery library is included.
<script src="//code.jquery.com/jquery-1.11.3.min.js"></script> <script src="dist/jquery.masked-input.js"></script>
2. Add a custom mask style to your input field using the
data-masked-input attribute below.
<input type="text" name="phone" data-masked-input="999-999-9999" placeholder="XXX-XXX-XXXX" maxlength="12">
simple lightweight jquery input mask Plugin/Github
See Demo And Download
Official Website(mcdpartners): Click Here