PolyShadow is a simple library that paints subtle soft shadows to rectangles and polygons made up of triangles using WebGL shading. The shadows have a solid color Gaussian camouflage.
The shader app is based on mathematical analysis. A closed-form equation is used to calculate the opacity at each pixel which makes this implementation extremely accurate and effective. Curved paths are not and will not be supported.
CSS Library Buttons That Look Cool | Retro Shadow Buttons
How to make use of it:
1. Download and load the polyshadow.js within the doc.
2. Creates a rectangle shadow shader and a rectangle vertex buffer for subsequent draw rectangle.
var rectangleShader = PolyShadow.createRectangleShader(gl);
3. Draws a rectangle shadow (a solid-color blurred rectangle) with the next parameters.
PolyShadow.drawRectangle(gl, rectangleShader, rectangle, transformation, sigma, fillColor = [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0], bgColor = [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], cutoff = 1.0/512);
4. Deletes a rectangle shader when it’s not needed.
5. Creates a triangle shadow shader used to draw triangle mesh shadows.
var triangleShader = PolyShadow.createTriangleShader(gl);
6. Creates a drawable triangle mesh. Its particular person triangles should not overlap!
var triangleMesh = PolyShadow.createTriangleMesh(gl, triangles);
7. Draws a triangle mesh shadow (solid-color blurred triangles).
PolyShadow.drawTriangleMesh(gl, triangleShader, triangleMesh, transformation, sigma, fillColor = [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0], bgColor = [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], cutoff = 1.0/512.0);
8. Delete a triangle mesh when it’s not needed.
9. Delete a triangle shader when it’s not needed.
Draw Precise And Efficient Shadows Of Polygons, PolyShadow js Plugin/Github
See Demo And Download
Official Website(Chlumsky): Click Here